Friday, November 15, 2013

Patterns

 
 
 
The photo above demonstrates a pattern of berries on a small bush outside of the “Q-Hut”. Although the berries are not arranged in an order that is easy to follow, the viewer can clearly tell that the berries do indeed have a pattern. In the upper left hand corner of the photo the berries are spread out, but as they get closer to the center of the photo, the berries come together. This photo was chosen as one of my best because of its bright colors. The vibrant colors of the berries and leaves give the photo a happy and joyful feeling. 


This photo was also taken to show the natural patterns of leaves. Although the photo shows a large pile of leaves, the leaves were actually barely covering the grass. I like this photo because it displays a different image than what was actually being taken. It shows that even if something doesn’t look like its photo-worthy, but the photographer gets the right angle and lighting, the product can be surprisingly good.


This photo illustrates the man-made pattern of a fence. I like this photo because the leaves were stuck in the fence, breaking the pattern. I also like the bright blue color of the sky; making the sky look as if it were fake.
 

The photo above shows the geometrical pattern of a storm drain cover in the grass. I chose this photo as one of my best because unlike some of my other photos, this photo shows an obvious pattern. I also like it because many people would not look at a storm drain and think of a cool picture, but if one opens his eyes to the world, there are so many amazing things right in the palm of his hand.  
I believe that one skill that I am doing well at is getting neat and different angles. As I looked through my pictures, I realized that many are either purposely crooked, below, or above the subject.
For our next project, my goal is to take more photos. For this last project I barely had enough photos, and next time I need to make sure I have more than I need in order to choose the best.
One way that Mr. Pedersen can help me succeed in class is teaching us more techniques on how to use Photoshop. Although we know the basics, I would like to be able to do even more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment