Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Magical Realism; The FLOAT Project

 
 
My inspiration for the photo was a picture that I found while surfing the Internet. My goal was to make it look like Emily, the model, was not jumping onto the wall, but was stuck to the wall by her feet and hands. Although it took more than a few shots to get this picture, I don't believe that there were any technical difficulties. The only artist challenge that I had to face was getting just the right angle to make it look like she was stuck to the wall. I finally resolved this issue by lying on ground and taking a picture looking up.

 
 
My inspiration and goal for this photo was to try to make it look like the subjects were floating in the air, with nothing supporting them. A technical challenge in taking this picture was Photoshopping the photo. The picture that I had taken without the subjects (and chairs that they were lying on) was much lighter that the photo with the subjects. In Photoshop, I had to blend the backgrounds of the two photos, while erasing the chairs altogether. Although I had a few technical difficulties, I didn't have any artist challenges.


My inspiration for this picture was the photo that Mr. Pedersen had shown us when the project was starting. My goal was to recreate some of the aspects of the photo (such as the flying water), while adding my own touch to it. A technical challenge was getting the water to hit the subject at the perfect time and the perfect spot. Luckily, we were able to take just a few pictures and get the right one, before getting the model too wet. A artistic challenge that I had to face was getting a new background for my photos. I didn't want all of my pictures to look like every other student's in the class, so I brought my camera down to the canyon and took my pictures there.

No comments:

Post a Comment