Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Panning


This picture was taken right before it got dark, so I needed to let more light into the camera. To do this, I had to have an extremely low shutter speed. One challenge with taking this picture was getting the subject's face in focus. I overcame this challenge by panning the camera at the exact speed that the subject was walking at.




I took this photo while using a tripod, which was useful to keep the panning straight. The shutter speed in this photo is higher than the previous photo; I couldn't let too much light in. A challenge in taking this photo was getting the lighting right. If the subject or the camera were in direct sunlight, the photo would be very washed out. I overcame this challenge by placing both the subject and the camera in the shade, which resulted in the photo above.




Unlike the two photos above, this photo was taken with two subjects. In order to get only the subject in front in focus, I had to pan to just her speed, and not the speed of the subject in the back. Similar to the photo above, I had to make sure that the subjects as well as the camera were completely shaded. One difficulty that I had while taking pictures was getting the people to run at the perfect speed while panning at that same speed. I overcame this difficulty by taking many pictures and choosing the best of them.




This photo was taken of Mr. Pedersen riding his bike back and forth across the school parking lot. I used a tripod in order  to keep the photo straight and a high shutter speed of 1/125. A difficulty was making sure that the photo was not washed out. I could have turned up the shutter speed, but the background wouldn't have been as blurry. I solved this problem by using the "multiply" setting in Photoshop, ending up with the product above.


No comments:

Post a Comment