Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Framing


This photo was taken under the man-made structures at UCSD. The sun was starting to go down, so in order to get the right coloring, I had to lower to shutter speed. This allowed more light into the camera, resulting in a brighter image. I also tilted the camera in order to get a more unique angle; this made for a more interesting image.


The photo above is an example of the natural framing that trees can provide. The trees in this photo arched down around the subject but in order to make it look like they were "framing" her, I had to take the picture from a lower angle. Also, unlike the first picture, I had to use a high shutter speed in order to capture the motion and not let too much light in.

In order to capture the photo above I had to use a very high shutter speed (to capture the motion) and a low aperture (to get a blurred background). Animal photography is difficult because you can't tell them exactly what to do, but after taking many quick pictures, I was able to get the image above.



I believe that my strongest shot from above is the last one (architectural framing). The framing is easily noticeable and creates and effect that makes the cat stand out in the photo. Also, all of the colors in the photo correspond with eachother and generate a calm feeling.

The most challenging element of this assignment was finding different frames to use. I didn't want my photos to use the same frames that many other people in the class have used, so I decided to go out to the canyon, my backyard, and UCSD to find unique frames. I eventually got enough pictures to fill our requirements, overcoming the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment